Head of Undergraduate Study Program
|Dr. Yefrizawati, SH.,M.Hum|
Secretary of Undergraduate Study Program
|Dr. Affila, SH.,M.Hum|
Brief Profile of Undergraduate Program
The University of North Sumatra was originally in the form of a Foundation, which was established on June 4, 1952, by Abdul Hakim (Governor of North Sumatra Province), Dr. Mansoer (Chirurg in Medan), and Dr. Soemarsono (Inspector of People's Health of North Sumatra Province). In January 1954 the North Sumatra Universitet Foundation established the Faculty of Law and Community Knowledge, which was inaugurated on January 12, 1954. Furthermore, on September 1, 1955, the Faculty of Law and Public Knowledge and the Faculty of Medicine were handed over to the Government of the Republic of Indonesia.
Some of the figures who played a role in this matter were: Prof. Mr. T. Dzulkarnain, Prof. Mr. Mahadi, Prof. Mr. Ani Abbas Manoppo, Prof. Mr. Mahammad Yusuf, Mr. Tagor Ginagan Harahap, T. Jafizham, S.H. These figures were then included in the process of forming a State University in Medan which was listed in the Decree of the Minister Education and Teaching and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia No. 34175 / S dated March 29, 1957.
On Wednesday, November 20, 1957, Ir. Soekarno, President of the Republic of Indonesia inaugurated the establishment of the University of North Sumatra. Other figures whose role cannot be forgotten in this matter are Prof. Mr. Suhunan Hamzah, Drs. Cung Tet Lie, Prof. Mr. Tan Tjeng Bie, Prof. Mr. T.M. Hanafiah.Based on the Decree of the Minister of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia No. 0325 / U / 1994 dated December 9, 1994, and the Decree of the Rector of USU No. 1637 / PT05. H / SK / I / 95 stated that the Faculty of Law only manages one study program, namely the Law Study Program.
The issuance of The Government Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia No. 56 of 2003 on November 11, 2003, USU was designated as a State-Owned Legal Entity University (PT. BHMN) and the Faculty of Law is one of the academic implementing units of PT. BHMN USU. In 2012 with the issuance of Law No. 12 of 2012 concerning Higher Education, USU was designated as a legal entity State University (PTN BH) in addition to the University of Indonesia, Gadjah Mada University, Bandung Institute of Technology, Bogor Agricultural Institute, Indonesian University of Education, and Airlangga University.
To become a leading S1 Law Study Program, which produces quality, moral, professional graduates and has competitive advantages, both at the national and international levels.
- Organizing legal education and research based on the Indonesian National Qualifications Framework (KKNI) and the National Standard for Higher Education (SN Dikti) which emphasizes problem-solving by the development trend of national and international law.
- Improving the quality of the teaching and learning process through the construction of facilities, infrastructure, educational facilities, career coaching, and improving the welfare of lecturers and employees.
- Involving lecturers and students in scientific activities and community service with problem-solving (solutions) by legal development at the national and international levels by their competencies.
- Build a network of cooperation to increase competitiveness with government agencies, private parties, and Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Producing graduates who have learning outcomes and competitiveness in the field of law by the development of national and international law.
- Maximizing the results of the transfer of knowledge in the teaching and learning process.
- Improving the ability, skills, and thinking insights of the academic community to solve legal problems both at the national and international levels, to realize USU's vision to become a university that has academic excellence as a barometer of scientific progress that can compete at the global world level.
- Maximizing the role of lecturers and students in research activities, as an effort to develop legal science in Indonesian society and the Global community.
- Increasing the participation of the academic community in community service activities, so that the existence of the USU Faculty of Law can be felt by the Indonesian people in general, especially the people of North Sumatra.